Find out if you're eligible for the Scottish Welfare Fund's Crisis Grant.
For information on the self-isolation support grant, visit our Covid-19 website.
You can apply or a Scottish Welfare Fund Crisis Grant if you're in a crisis situation. For example, if you've had a flood or fire in your home.
The Crisis Grant is tax free and you don't need to pay it back.
You may be eligible if you've a crisis or an emergency. This could be:
- a flood or fire in your home
- if you're a victim of domestic abuse and need help to move
- if you're a grandparent or relative who has taken over care of a child and waiting for transfer of benefits
- you're facing a gap in your normal income because of a redundancy or change at work
- you're facing financial problems while you wait for your first Universal Credit payment
What a Crisis Grant helps with
A Crisis Grant helps with your most urgent living costs including:
- heating costs
- travel costs (for example, if your child is ill and in hospital and you need to travel to get there)
How to apply
What happens next?
We'll make a decision about your application within 2 working days.
We'll normally contact you by phone and follow this up with a letter.